Friday, November 21, 2008

take those knits right off my hands

Here's a glimpse at the latest projects to leave the needles! The first is a black hat that was a blast to knit. Pure fun. This one deserves packing away for a ski weekend in Tahoe. I'd dip those long ear flaps straight into my hot chocolate, for sure, but that doesn't mean it isn't perfect for a weekend getaway in the snow.









And with mixed feelings, I finished work on this beauty:





I'm jumping with excitement to pass it along as a Christmas gift to one of my favorite buds. I suppose the only downside to finishing knitted gifts ahead of schedule is that then they sit around your room, longing to be worn. And when it's only you and the scarf, in a bit of a face-off each morning as you get dressed...it's hard to just leave the scarf on the shelf. But I'm steeling up all my resistance to wait for December and pop it in the mail untouched.

Next up: stripey hats and slouchy neckwarmers.

No comments: